iBook Replacement Batteries

agiagi
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi there,

I don't post often and am a shameful lurker but I am hoping someone will be able to help me with this problem.

I have a iBook 14" G3 900MHz and the battery is just about dead (I can just about get half an hour out of it these days) - the capacity has dropped from 4000MAh to 586MAh.

Obviously I need a new battery but there are quite expensive. Even with educational discount the Apple battery is £82.25 where as on ebay i have seen 3rd party batteries for £45.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-iBook-14...QQcmdZViewItem

Basically what I am wondering is whether or not the 3rd party batteries are worth the saving or if they are somehow sub-standard compared to the Apple battery.

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    Go here:

Other World Computing

I have bought alot of stuff from these guys and they are really good, I have never bought a battery from them, but I would trust them 100%

-iGrant
  • Reply 2 of 2
    agiagi Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iGrant

Go here:

Other World Computing

I have bought alot of stuff from these guys and they are really good, I have never bought a battery from them, but I would trust them 100%

-iGrant

Thanks for the reply. The 29% more capacity battery looks great but by the time I factor in shipping, VAT and import duty it is going to be way more than ordering the battery from Apple.

Thanks though.