Help! Burning DVD's with chapter/subtitles files

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi I'm a OS X noob..

I've d/l some movies and they come with subtitles and chapter text files...on a Windows OS I know what to do, but I've asked all the apple geeks I know about how to burn the dvd with those files and none of them know.

Wich program? Where? When? Whaaaat?!

Hope you guys help me

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    no one knows here too?

damm starting to get worried about migrating to OS X...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Posting Guidelines

Quote:

Posting requests or information about obtaining pirated or illegally-distributed software is prohibited. Any and all such posts may be removed without warning. If the offending member continues with such posts, he or she is subject to immediate suspension from the forums for any amount of time the administrators or moderators deem necessary. Furthermore, asking for technical support regarding pirated software is also not allowed and will be treated in the same mannar as posts that directly ask for pirated software.

You're barking up the wrong tree, in the wrong-ass forum.

Why don't you try the videohelp forums? And don't get an attitude when asking for help. It's ugly.

--B
  • Reply 3 of 8
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 8bits

no one knows here too?

damm starting to get worried about migrating to OS X...

People here are very good at helping and answering any questions that people have, but sometimes everyone is clueless about the topic. I have posted many threads about things i need help with and have gotten no help on some of them.

Don't bark at the people you want to help you... It doesn't make people want to.

No hard feelings, just fyi.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cato988

People here are very good at helping and answering any questions that people have, but sometimes everyone is clueless about the topic. I have posted many threads about things i need help with and have gotten no help on some of them.

Don't bark at the people you want to help you... It doesn't make people want to.

No hard feelings, just fyi.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression with my second post...I tried to say that no one (not particular of here) I've asked know about how to do it. I've searched at google and end up the same way...my comment was about this. Didn't saw any evidence of "barking" from my post.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

Posting Guidelines

You're barking up the wrong tree, in the wrong-ass forum.

Why don't you try the videohelp forums? And don't get an attitude when asking for help. It's ugly.

--B

Didn't say in my post that I was trying to copy pirate copys of movies. I work with this, doing subtitles for movies at movie festivals in Brazil nothing wrong with that...or is it?

didn't understand why so much agressive replys towards me, maybe I don't know how to express in English.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Okay, I'll take a stab at this:

The easiest option is to get iLife '05 or '06, import the movies into iMovie, make chapter markers, export the movies into iDVD and burn.

See if that works for you.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Okay, I'll take a stab at this:

The easiest option is to get iLife '05 or '06, import the movies into iMovie, make chapter markers, export the movies into iDVD and burn.

See if that works for you.

Thanks Cosmo, I'll try to do this. That's half the problem resolved...the other is the subtitles. Does iMovie have a subtitle feature too?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    hey finally got it..

the only program I've found is FFMPEGX. It's pretty good actually, you can load srt and sub extensions with the video, and it have all sorts of options.

so there you go