warranty question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just tripped over the power cord to my brand new iBook. (Well, it was a refreshed model, but I just bought it). I bent the crap out of the power cord jack. I still don't know if I did any damage to the inside of the socket on the computer. Will the warranty cover the adapter, or am I screwed on getting a free replacement? If I damaged the computer, will warranty cover it? Thanks,

-acr4

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    acr4acr4 Posts: 100member
    Update: So I tried my buddy's cable and my computer is fine. I took a pair of needle nose pliers to my adapter and it works, its just a little ghetto looking, hanging out of the computer at a little bit of an angle. I need to learn to be nicer to electronics.

Also, in case you are wondering, Apple's warranty does NOT cover stupid tripping-over-the-cable-and-bending-the-barrel.

-acr4
  • Reply 2 of 3
    If you really want to, take your iBook down to the nearest Apple Store and see if a Genius can look at it.

They might be able to fix it for cheap. If you don't want to, it might be worth taking just to see if there's any internal damage that you didn't know about.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by acr4

I just tripped over the power cord to my brand new iBook. (Well, it was a refreshed model, but I just bought it). I bent the crap out of the power cord jack. I still don't know if I did any damage to the inside of the socket on the computer. Will the warranty cover the adapter, or am I screwed on getting a free replacement? If I damaged the computer, will warranty cover it? Thanks,

-acr4

I would just call AppleCare via phone and tell them there is a problem with the power adapter. If they fix it, fine, if not, you cant' blame them.