Sizing Photos

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Im having a problem with my photos. My camera usually takes photos that are inbetween 1mb and 1.5mb in size. When I try to upload these pictures to some places, it wont allow them to upload because they are too big. Is there a way that i can scale down the quality for example to 600kb?? Is this possible to do in iPhoto?

thanks,

-Cato

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Yes. If you have iLife '06 you use the file menu and choose to export the pics.

You'll be prompted to pic a folder to save them and given an option to resize the photos.

In earlier of versions of iPhoto you look for the "share" option and follow the same steps.

http://www.apple.com/support/iphoto/share/

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=165616
  • Reply 2 of 7
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cato988

Im having a problem with my photos. My camera usually takes photos that are inbetween 1mb and 1.5mb in size. When I try to upload these pictures to some places, it wont allow them to upload because they are too big. Is there a way that i can scale down the quality for example to 600kb?? Is this possible to do in iPhoto?

thanks,

-Cato

i do the same thing never a problem with shutterfly, which has a iphoto plugin for simplicity and the processing is stunning.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    No, i dont mean resize the actual image, i mean making the file size smaller... (kb wise)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I haven't used iphoto for that, but I'm sure it gives some options for file size when you export it. You can also use Graphic Converter. Do a save as and there's an option to save to a particular file size.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    You can also use Automator if you have Tiger
  • Reply 6 of 7
    resizing the image will shrink the file size, too.

You could also download the shareware program "Graphic Converter"

it's good for resizing photos. In addition it allows you to save photos

with a quality slider. Lower quality will give you a much smaller file.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ...with photoshop/imageready: just minimize the optimization/jpeg quality.