Finder issues...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
...Finder is making me right now. As if its slowness and general bugginess is not enough, now it started dowing some borderline awkward things. Whenever I insert a DVD into the drive, it reads it/writes to it just fine. I eject it the normal way (hold down the 'eject' key) yet Finder insists it's still inside.

This way, I accumulated no less than SIX empty DVDs and they are all showing on the Finder. It's driving me nuts. If anyone has a solution to this problem, I'd really appreciate it.

Here's an illustration:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Burn folders in the sidebar? How did they get there?

You should be able to drag them off and *poof* them.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I don't even know how they got there. I insert a DVD and a folder shows up. I eject the DVD, but the folder is still there. So they pile up.

I dragged them and they did go *poof*. The only problem is, they keep coming back when I restart (which I rarely do, but anyway). Hope this time I got rid of them for good!

thanks lundy.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Try this, Insert a Blank DVD (I am assuming that is what you have been doing) click on the burn icon, then it will say "Are you sure you want to brn the contents of 'Burn Folder' to a disc?" You can say "Eject", "Cancel", "Burn". Hit the eject button. It should make the folder disappear. One of my workstations had the same problem with a CD but I thought it was just the graphic artist....if not then while the DVD is in the drive, drag them and make them go poof, problem solved (hopefully).

My best guess as to why it does this is because each folder is associated with a CD/DVD and when that CD/DVD is ejected, and that folder is stil there in a link, it keeps it there until the CD/DVD is back in the drive and it's deleted before the CD/DVD is...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    I had the same problem with a mounted .dmg file. It kept hangin' there and couldn't be ejected.

Disk Utility did the trick. Select the file, then file/eject or cmd-E.