iBook screen brightness

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
First off, being able to turn off the backlight is the best idea ever for a laptop running on battery power.

Now the real question: When I'm using my iBook in the dark, even the dimmest screen setting is a little brighter than I would like. Is there any way (possibly third-party application) to dim the screen any further, even if it doesn't dim the backlight, but just darkens all the pixels by a set ammount. My eyes hurt sometimes after too much computer. And yes, I wear glasses when I use the computer, and yes, I know I shouldn't spend so much time using the computer in the dark...

-acr4

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Product Description:

Spending the wee hours burning the midnight Mac oil? Has your Mac taken up permanent residence in your master bedroom? Does your significant other grumble and moan about trying to sleep in broad daylight?

Give your honey a break already. Get Brightness Control, a nifty tool for dimming all your Mac's displays with one slider.

Now, you can go to bed and still keep an eye out for that oh-so-important instant message or email you've been waiting on. Without throwing a pillow over your partner's head. Your mate will positively love this gadget.

And don't panic! The effects of Brightness Control are completely reversible by quitting the application, hitting the escape key, or using its handy 'Restore' button!

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17670&vid=80591

Have fun!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    acr4acr4 Posts: 100member
    wow, i'll have to give it a try tonight. thanks

edit: just tried it. sure enough, it dims the screen. color is a little funky, but definately good enough for late night surfing.