Cursor gets stuck

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anytime I get the "Spinning Beachball of Death," it doesn't spin and it stays like that after the "crash" is over and the app is responding again. I can click all the Mac OS X elements (e.g. "+-x" window buttons, icons, windows, etc.). The only way to get the normal arrow cursor back is to click a text field and then move the cursor out of the text field. I think this "text field method" works because it forces the system to change to the text "line" cursor (put your mouse over a text box to see it).

How can I make the cursors not "stick"?

Please help, as this is very annoying.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

Anytime I get the "Spinning Beachball of Death," it doesn't spin and it stays like that after the "crash" is over and the app is responding again. I can click all the Mac OS X elements (e.g. "+-x" window buttons, icons, windows, etc.). The only way to get the normal arrow cursor back is to click a text field and then move the cursor out of the text field. I think this "text field method" works because it forces the system to change to the text "line" cursor (put your mouse over a text box to see it).

How can I make the cursors not "stick"?

Please help, as this is very annoying.

I've noticed this too since upgrading to 10.4.2 (I think \ ). I haven't tried running premissions yet, maybe...?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    this sort of thing has been happening to me since Jaguar, at least. it seems to be just another example of where the OS isn't quite polished (yet?). it's aggrevating for us, but it must be very confusing for granny.