Apple's New Product Stategy

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It seems Apple often releases new products very limited at first to get the market comfortable with it and then slowly adds on, where as many other companies, much to their disadvantage I think a lot of the times, release everything at once, which becomes too complicated and indimidating for the consumer, and inevitable fail. What do you guys thing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    I agree..! That's a mayor reason.. but.. remeber that Apple cannot kill it's own products too fast. Look @ the macBook Pro, perfect timing, incredible specs, but only 15".. why? I think is the most popular laptop size today & doesn't really affect PB sales.. yet! Slowly but surely the'll be introducing new products giving time for the PowerPC powered start to fade away...

Apple has already killer PowerPC products, only the laptops got stuck with the G4, thus making the new Intel models to be more appeling (powerfull) & of course Apple will take them ahead of it's time..

I'm dying for a new MacBook (pro or not)...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Actually, I wish Apple were a little more diligent in following up on some of there "toe in the water" rollouts.

A perfect example is the Airport Express. When it was released it seemed like such a forward looking, Apple smart solution, and we all expected them to build on the idea-- tying in audio other than iTunes, offering a remote, adding additional ports, somehow integrating the iPod, adding video, etc.

Instead, its just sat there for several years, while other manufacturers figure out how to do more. Most folks don't even know the damn thing exists.

I know that there are high hopes for some kind of mondo AE to handle media distribution duties, but it would have been nice if Apple had been actively pushing the technology all along, expanding on the idea of wirelessly tying your computer media to your playback devices with typical Apple elegance.

It's like sometimes they come out with a product and seem to say "There. We nailed it. That's our final word on the subject".