Apple Store Down!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Perhaps we're going to see something new this morning?? Just hopped over to check an order and got the "We'll be back soon" message. Usually means something new will be added. Thoughts? Opinions? What could it be???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    yeah, it sure is down. i was about to buy a 20" iMac... and the store is unavailable.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Only the US and Canada at the moment though- I've just been browsing through the excellent refurb deals on the UK store this morning. They sure have been keen to clear out iBook, PowerBooks and Mac minis this week.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    MacBook Pro upgrade - didn't see that coming!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    how is a 0.16 ghz upgrade worth $300? that's the same price as doubling the iMac HD from 250 to 500 GB.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Is this Apple's way of apologising for the fact that they can't ship on time? Sorry for the delay - have a faster processor for the same price. Or maybe this is the cause of the delay. Guess we'll never know.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by icibaqu

how is a 0.16 ghz upgrade worth $300? that's the same price as doubling the iMac HD from 250 to 500 GB.

Considering the 2.16GHz costs Apple $214 MORE than the 2.0GHz, I don't think the $300 upgrade price is crazy. Especially considering the scarcity of the 2.16's. That said, I personally wouldn't pay the premium for a small performance increase. Just saying that it isn't entirely Apple milking the consumer here.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by concentricity

Considering the 2.16GHz costs Apple $214 MORE than the 2.0GHz,

We do not know squat about what Apple pays for Intel CPUs. We don't. 1,000-unit prices do not count. End of story.

Quote:

I don't think the $300 upgrade price is crazy. Especially considering the scarcity of the 2.16's. That said, I personally wouldn't pay the premium for a small performance increase. Just saying that it isn't entirely Apple milking the consumer here.

Agreed.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icibaqu

I don't see how they are necessarily comparable. It's always been that way with CPU prices, those that absolutely needs every bit of speed they can get will pay the premium.