shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Not so COOL not so BAD ...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aftershock

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29703

Looks fake but it would be cool!

Lots of arguments for and against convergence devices. Pics are very sharp. Product has definate visual appeal. Combine it with an intuitive UI and I think it would succeed.

IMO Apple needs to leverage their advantages with the iPod to get into new markets. What else can they do with the iPod? Make it smaller or cram in more memory? Would that really entice buyers. The iPod as it currently exists looks like a fad product to me. Sort of like the PDAs a few years back.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Jesus... TI jumping on he Aplele wagon?

And here's for the newbies: Aplele.com
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Please disregard my post above. Found the origin of the pics:

I've always wanted to merge my damned phone and iPod, but most of the mockups I've seen are clunky. The clamshell would work well I think.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aftershock

Please disregard my post above. Found the origin of the pics:

I've always wanted to merge my damned phone and iPod, but most of the mockups I've seen are clunky. The clamshell would work well I think.

Wow, you're the very first guy here whose passion for a device motivated him to post something from Apele.

Not.

V/R,

Aries 1B: The Official 'Last To Know' of the 2006 Winter Olympics.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Do not like it at all...

Hinge section looks like it would flop around all the time...
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I can dream too...

here is my iPod collection

Some protos
  • Reply 8 of 11
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    The click wheel and buttons look good but the floppy hinge is ghetto.

Its funny that at this point I think we'd want the keypad more for text messaging than entering phone numbers.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    http://www.applele.com/pict_05iphone_r03.html

i like that one more (is that a lazy link?)
  • Reply 10 of 11
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    These kinds of mockups are interesting, because they suggest that what Jonathan Ives does is much harder than it looks.

The mockups (not just these but a lot of similar ideas over the years) always look "nice" in a designer-y sort of way, kind of Bang and Olufsen, but they never really look "Apple". Short of just grafting together bits of existing products (like a lot of the tablet mockups I've seen), nobody seems to be able to nail that Apple vibe.

For instance, on the second iPhone linked to, the keys on the slide out keypad are perfectly nice and functional, but you just know that Apple would never put little rectangular buttons in oval wells like that. You just look at it and go "not Apple".

When Apple does come out with something new, it's always simpler and somehow more "all of a piece" than anything anybody imagined.

I guess that's why Ives gets the big bucks.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    That hinge design makes no sense to me.

If an iPhone is released one day all I can say is...IT HAD BETTER BE A FLIP PHONE, NO CANDYBAR BULL $#%*...at least not to start. If there's only 1 phone make it a flip, then you have my dollars.