Simple Flow Chart Software For Mac?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm looking for some really simple, free flow-chart software. It's so I can make a computer-troubleshooting diagram for my parents, with simple yes/no answers.

What would you recommend?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr Skills

Hi,

I'm looking for some really simple, free flow-chart software. It's so I can make a computer-troubleshooting diagram for my parents, with simple yes/no answers.

What would you recommend?

If your (or their) Mac is a Pro machine (PowerMac/PowerBook) you will have OmniGraffle on the install DVD. It's as good as anything on Mac OS X.

You can also download a demo for free if you don't have a Pro machine.

OmniGraffle
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Perfect! I've got a PowerMac. Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Yes, OmniGraffle for sure! And you've probably got a copy already to boot!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I have no idea if this is any good, but it appears to be free:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/
  • Reply 5 of 8
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    i use Omnigraffle Pro and love it. It works great and has a tiny learning curve.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Thanks for all the replies - Omnigraffle is awesome. I can't believe I had it all the time! It's so simple and idiot-proof.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr Skills

Thanks for all the replies - Omnigraffle is awesome. I can't believe I had it all the time! It's so simple and idiot-proof.

OmniGraffle is indeed awesome. I'll just put it this way: I have a lot of graphics programs on my mac. When I need to make a block diagram I use OmniGraffle. When I'm at work and need to do the same thing I could use Visio (which I have), but I always end up using Adobe Illustrator. I'll take Graffle over Visio any day of the week.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    agathagath Posts: 1member

Despite watching many useful tutorial videos on the OmniGroup web site, I found a bit frustrating. If you are willing to spend money, I would ask you to look at ConceptDraw PRO. If you are dead set on open source and "free" software I would say that http://www.diagram.ly/ or any other that has been atound a while.