Help w/ 5G ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I was wondering why when i go to the video section on my ipod theres no space for tv shows. It has movies and music videos but no tv shows spot. I have organized some of my tv shows in itunes in that catogory but cant find them in my video section on my ipod. Whats going on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I've encountered the same problem with my 60GB iPod video. I assume it's a bug. A workaround is to put your TV shows into a playlist, and they'll show up then.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Thanks for the advice, i to have the 60 GB and will try this.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Are these TV Shows purchased off of iTunes?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisG

Are these TV Shows purchased off of iTunes?

No, I'm in Ireland, so I can't buy TV shows from iTunes. I've ripped some DVDs I own.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    i've noticed the same thing. it basically doesn't work right. hope they fix it at some point. i don't like having my tv shows in my movies folder to make it show up. it works but it goes against my sense of organization to have a tv shows folder that i can't use and putting tv shows in the movies folder, which to me, should be reserved for films.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Phutyle

No, I'm in Ireland, so I can't buy TV shows from iTunes. I've ripped some DVDs I own.

In iTunes do a "Get Info" on the file and under options change "Video Kind" to TV Show. Then Sync your iPod and the TV Shows menu should appear under Videos on the iPod. By default it won't show you these "Special Playlists i.e TV Shows, Music Videos unless you have atleast one. Hope this helps!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I have done this however this did not happen on my ipod.

Quote:

In iTunes do a "Get Info" on the file and under options change "Video Kind" to TV Show. Then Sync your iPod and the TV Shows menu should appear under Videos on the iPod. By default it won't show you these "Special Playlists i.e TV Shows, Music Videos unless you have atleast one. Hope this helps!

• Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Thanks. I tried that, but it doesn't work for me either. I don't get the TV Shows menu coming up on my iPod at all, even though I checked to see that the video files are set to TV Show on both my HD and the iPod.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Do these videos show up at all on the iPod?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Do these videos show up at all on the iPod?

Only if I put them in a playlist. There's no TV Shows menu at all, and they don't show up under Movies or Music Videos. However, the Movies and Music Videos menus show up even though I don't have any such video files on the iPod.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    By the way, I just saw that there's an explanation and a fix for the issue in this thread:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=61239