iTunes for windows mobile?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hi guys im rele interested in gettin the new t-mobile smart phone but was curious is there a windows mobile version of itunes in the works???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shady104

hi guys im rele interested in gettin the new t-mobile smart phone but was curious is there a windows mobile version of itunes in the works???

No but there are other media apps, like media player, the only limitation is the lack of Unfairplay, Apples Digital restriction technology.

If you bought the songs in version 4.9 or older, you can use Jhymn to make them playable as standard AACs.

If you want your music to be free, buy and rip CDs (used CD stores are often cheaper than iTms by volume as well).
  • Reply 2 of 5
    o thnks but it would be rele cool...it cant be that far fetched they already have a windows version just shrink it down for windows mobile
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by shady104

o thnks but it would be rele cool...it cant be that far fetched they already have a windows version just shrink it down for windows mobile

Hop on over to Apple support forums and suggest it, they do listen to customer feedback, you may not get it, but they do notice, and if your post catches and starts a really hot thread, you just may get it with iTunes 7
  • Reply 4 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Unless Apple switches gears and wants to make tons of $$ selling songs of the music store, it does nothing but drive iPod sales and I doubt they'd release a full or semi-full version for Windows mobile.

However, as long as there are some limitations in place, I don't see why Apple wouldn't do it. Playing your songs on your phone will only make you realize how crappy an experience it is and how much you want a 1GB iPod nano instead.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Unless Apple switches gears and wants to make tons of $$ selling songs of the music store, it does nothing but drive iPod sales and I doubt they'd release a full or semi-full version for Windows mobile.

However, as long as there are some limitations in place, I don't see why Apple wouldn't do it. Playing your songs on your phone will only make you realize how crappy an experience it is and how much you want a 1GB iPod nano instead.

The ipod already has won the mindshare game, it is to MP3 players what Coke is to soda or Xerox is to photocopyers. Apple is now facing monopoly suit for bundling, if it gets legs, Apple could easily settle by making Fairplay accessable to other manufacturers, or it could be the courts ruling, if that happens, look for itunes players on many, many platforms.