How to view a MS Publisher document

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is there a way to view or convert a MS Publisher document to be read on a Mac?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    pubguypubguy Posts: 108member
    Good question...I'm also looking for this for my wife. I suspect the answer is no.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pubguy

Good question...I'm also looking for this for my wife. I suspect the answer is no.

My only guess would be, and this is a long shot, OpenOffice in X11.

Why does anyone use publisher, I have always said (and stand by my words) that it would be far better to buy a used copy of Pagemaker (license and all on eBay or some such) or a new copy of inDesign than that Publisher bullshit.

UPDATE: According to this OOo support thread the PUB format will not work in OOo, but Adobe Pagemaker will open them, that said, I dont know if the mac version will, particularly if Publisher uses lots of windows only APIs. Also, I would imgine that InDesign and Quark would open them too...all of these products have free trials, so have at it and good luck.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    yoseyose Posts: 62member
    The best way to view an MS Publisher document is to print it out (1), crumple it up (2), and chuck it into the nearest waste disposal bin(3).

If you follow those three easy steps, you can ensure all of your MS Publisher documents will look their best.

PS. I know you asked a serious question and that this is a total smart ass answer.