Erik Estrada said it and so it must be so!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
A certain party we all know and love mentioned some strange commercials featuring Erik Estrada the other day. These commercials mentioned some sort of land for sale in hell or perhaps it was Arkansas. I find it hard to tell the difference.

Anyway, low and behold if I don't encounter the same sort of commercial when flipping around on the television today. Only these lots are advertised in northern hell, or perhaps it was Northern California.

Turns out ol'Erik is claiming paradise exists on earth in the form of California Pines.

I decided to poke around and found this.

Buyer beware. However they offer a free flight up to view the lots and a free overnight stay. Maybe we could all plan an Appleinsider get together in various parts of the country and bankrupt these guys.

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

A certain party we all know and love mentioned some strange commercials featuring Erik Estrada the other day. These commercials mentioned some sort of land for sale in hell or perhaps it was Arkansas. I find it hard to tell the difference.

Anyway, low and behold if I don't encounter the same sort of commercial when flipping around on the television today. Only these lots are advertised in northern hell, or perhaps it was Northern California.

Turns out ol'Erik is claiming paradise exists on earth in the form of California Pines.

I decided to poke around and found this.

Buyer beware. However they offer a free flight up to view the lots and a free overnight stay. Maybe we could all plan an Appleinsider get together in various parts of the country and bankrupt these guys.

Nick

Oh man, I've been seeing those ads for a while. I've noticed that, for a beautiful developed community, there didn't seem to be any panoramic shots to give a sense of the lay of the land-- just medium shots of a golf course, waterfront and a house or two.

Also, hard not to notice that Erik Estrada appears to be delivering his lines like someone who has been told that if he doesn't really bear down hard on the fixed maniacal grinning, finger stabbing, head jerking, I'm-going-to-jump-through-your-television-screen-and-force-you-eat-this-contract semi-hysterical sales pitch, he will never see his family again.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    If this is like the typical "timeshare free weekend", then it is not really worth going, because the hard sell is so obnoxious. They spend hours talking to you about buying into the property.

The least horrible time was when I told the guy right away "I am not buying, no way in hell, just give me my free stuff", but he had to keep talking to me for a minimum amount of time, so we talked about cars.

The time my wife went by herself, she ended up spending $45K on a timeshare, and I had to scramble to cancel it and get my money back. Luckily there was a 3 day grace period.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Wow. They script his lines, then get him to sign it as if it were his opinion. The photos don't show the paper factory on the other side of the lake. (Just kidding as I have never been there). Funny list at the bottom on the page that says the offer is only available in certain states... what's the difference? Did they limit the offer to wealthier states? Republican ones? Altered states?

When I was a fair bit younger, my mom drive round trip two hours, sat thru a three hour sales pitch for a 125 grand house we had no dream of being able to afford even had we won the lottery and brought home a Commodore 64 to my delight. Already grounded for rewiring the TV to crank the volume whenever someone reclined the easy chair (my mom was the only one allowed to use the chair hence the trouble), I got into deeper trouble for staying up all night playing with the C64 and sleeping thru classes the next day. She promptly sold it the next day (for $25!!!!!), ending my career as a budding programmer...

10 Print "Bergermeister is great!"

20 Goto 10

In the end, I became a teacher:

Class, say "Bergermeister is great!"

Now say it again!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

A certain party we all know and love mentioned some strange commercials featuring Erik Estrada the other day.

Told you it was funny!