Spider-Man 3

rokrok
Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
well, Sony's put up the first "teaser," if you will. Looks like we may be getting Venom (and all that it entails) sooner rather than later...

The Black Spider Suit

I know opinions are divided on the movies (you seem to either love it or hate it), but i've enjoyed the first two, so i'll probably be in the theaters for 3 no matter what.

p.s. i'm going to assume they'll do away with the crazy space-alien tie-in for the black suit's origin, and just make it some sort of revenge/experiment that osborn's son enacts to try to kill spider-man/peter parker. we did get a one-sentence reference to eddie brock's existence in the first movie, the man who eventually becomes venom. then, for all of you carnage-aholics, that could come in spider-man 4.

oh, and they've already signed someone on to play gwen stacey, i assume to expressly kill her off in one fell swoop in the same movie.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

well, Sony's put up the first "teaser," if you will. Looks like we may be getting Venom (and all that it entails) sooner rather than later...

The Black Spider Suit

I know opinions are divided on the movies (you seem to either love it or hate it), but i've enjoyed the first two, so i'll probably be in the theaters for 3 no matter what.

p.s. i'm going to assume they'll do away with the crazy space-alien tie-in for the black suit's origin, and just make it some sort of revenge/experiment that osborn's son enacts to try to kill spider-man/peter parker. we did get a one-sentence reference to eddie brock's existence in the first movie, the man who eventually becomes venom. then, for all of you carnage-aholics, that could come in spider-man 4.

oh, and they've already signed someone on to play gwen stacey, i assume to expressly kill her off in one fell swoop in the same movie.

I personally don't like the black suit. Bring back the red and blue.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

I personally don't like the black suit. Bring back the red and blue.

The "black suit" is an integral part of the comic.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    They've been filming it where I work.

They're well into the second month and the sets are massive - three sound stages currently.

The lot gets very busy when another Spidy is filming.
  • Reply 4 of 24
    Hopefully this means that the new movies will be darker overall. Get Venom and Carnage in there, they were the only characters that made me interested in spiderman comics when i was a kid anyways.

The first two movies were too bright and corny as hell IMO.

The bad thing about comic movies is that they know they have to aim the movies to children...
  • Reply 5 of 24
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I figured they'd cover the Secret Wars in the first couple of minutes.

The Scene:

A spaceship lands. Spiderman in a black costume gets out.

Reed Richards: Thanks for all your help in the secret wars!

Spider-Man: No problem. See ya!

And move on from there.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnySmith

Hopefully this means that the new movies will be darker overall. Get Venom and Carnage in there, they were the only characters that made me interested in spiderman comics when i was a kid anyways.

The first two movies were too bright and corny as hell IMO.

The bad thing about comic movies is that they know they have to aim the movies to children...

eh, it's more like they were based on the audieences of the times when those comics were written (60's through 80's). the 90's saw many story arcs try to take a darker turn... x-men, spider-man, etc.... in order to retain their subscribers (because yes, the regular readers from the 60's were feeling like they were getting "too old" to read comics. then, of course, there was the comic bust in the mid-to-late 90's where issues were written/created more for collector-value than actual story. the "too bright and corny" was just the way of the comics world for several decades.

i never got into carnage... just preferred the morally conflicted yet utterly deadly and complex venom instead, and i felt carnage was just "hey, this symbiote thing got us a lot of sales, let's make more!" plus, it wasn't long after that the art went downhill for a year or so, then they went into the whole jackal bullsh!t that turned me off of comics for good.
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

I figured they'd cover the Secret Wars in the first couple of minutes.

The Scene:

A spaceship lands. Spiderman in a black costume gets out.

Reed Richards: Thanks for all your help in the secret wars!

Spider-Man: No problem. See ya!

And move on from there.

Now that would be awesome. Not going to happen. But it would be awesome. For those of you who don't know. The Secret Wars comic series is where Spider-man originally got the black and white suit. Not from an alien attaching itself to a space shuttle.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

Now that would be awesome. Not going to happen. But it would be awesome. For those of you who don't know. The Secret Wars comic series is where Spider-man originally got the black and white suit. Not from an alien attaching itself to a space shuttle.

Alien? Space shuttle? WTF? I stopped collecting in about 1984, so I have no idea that there was an alternate history for the suit.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    If they introduce the Secret Wars to the movie without delving into it, heads will roll.

Jameson's son is an astronaut. That'll be how the suit gets to earth.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Alien? Space shuttle? WTF? I stopped collecting in about 1984, so I have no idea that there was an alternate history for the suit.

Go rent the Venom saga cartoon. It will give you the newest take on the suit.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

Jameson's son is an astronaut. That'll be how the suit gets to earth.

Didn't Jameson's son also turn into a werewolf at one point?
  • Reply 12 of 24
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I get coffee every workday morning at the Moondance diner which is in Spiderman and always see tourists taking pictures there.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    The Original Teaser was awesome. I'm sad they pulled it post 9-11. (33MB QT movie)
  • Reply 14 of 24
    Quote:

That's me in the suit!

Tonton, is that really you? That's some crazy shit. Is that why you haven't been around much?
  • Reply 15 of 24
    Quote:

It must be made clear that while I was in the Spiderman suit at the verdict, that was my friend who climbed up on the video screen and did the protest, not me. I'm doing my best to stay out of jail for the things I do.

Glad to hear you are not going to jail!
  • Reply 16 of 24
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

That's really me. I've been getting more invoolved in politics and activism lately. But the reason I haven't been around much is because I had a devastating breakup at the end of August. Now I'm better again.

It must be made clear that while I was in the Spiderman suit at the verdict, that was my friend who climbed up on the video screen and did the protest, not me. I'm doing my best to stay out of jail for the things I do.

The most radical thing I've done was a three day hunger strike outside the government offices.

Why would you go without food like that I don't understand, what message could you possibly convey other then; hey look at me I'm a liberal nut. Oh yea that's certainly going to go over with the conservative majority. Fight back by making normal people aware not silly stunts that's just going to paint you as a spaz.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Why would you go without food like that I don't understand, what message could you possibly convey other then; hey look at me I'm a liberal nut.

ghandi would be so proud, that liberal nut.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Yeah, jeez, Tonton, act normal.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Why would you go without food like that I don't understand, what message could you possibly convey other then; hey look at me I'm a liberal nut. Oh yea that's certainly going to go over with the conservative majority. Fight back by making normal people aware not silly stunts that's just going to paint you as a spaz.

It's not as if hunger strikers ever started anything.

Good on you, tonton. I remember June 4th.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    resres Posts: 711member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

The "black suit" is an integral part of the comic.

The "Black Suite" was a terrible part of spider man comics whose origin started in the abysmal secret wars crossover (crossovers in general are a blight upon the comics industry, and are nothing more than a blatant attempt to rase sales by forcing readers to purchase comics that they are not interested in just so they can keep up with what is happening in the comics that they normally enjoy). I've really enjoyed the movies, I hope they don't mess them up the next one by using Venom and Carnage (they practically made spider man unreadable.

BTW: if I am a bit more incoherent than usual, it is do to the high fever that I have (I'm waiting for the tylenol to kick in).