MS FrontPage

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know of a mac solution to FrontPage? I have FrontPage for my PC but would like to be able to edit a website, built using FP, on my iBook. Ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    A Few Web Dev. Programs For Mac:

Taco - (free) simple, basic HTML editing program

Mozilla Browser (free), not to be confused with firefox, the Mozilla Browser includes a moderatly complex HTML editing software including HTML editing and live "drag-n-drop" editing.

Dreamweaver ($$$) One of the premier web development solutions from Macromedia for both Mac and PC, even used by pros. The drawback: it is rather expensive.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

Mozilla Browser
    (free), not to be confused with firefox, the Mozilla Browser includes a moderatly complex HTML editing software including HTML editing and live "drag-n-drop" editing.

.... [/B]

In addition to its inclusion in Seamonkey, the successor to Mozilla, Mozilla.org now provides the HTML editor as a separate app. It is called Nvu and can be found here.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenmastah

Does anyone know of a mac solution to FrontPage? I have FrontPage for my PC but would like to be able to edit a website, built using FP, on my iBook. Ideas?

Free:

http://www.nvu.com/

Not Free:

http://www.softpress.com/en
  • Reply 4 of 6
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    RapidWeaver is really nice and the next version will add a lot more bells.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Cheap and made for updating websites: Macromedia, er, Adobe Contribute. It's a site management solution, so don't expect too much bells and whistles for (layout) editing.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenmastah

TextEdit. ProjectBuilder works OK too.