Powerbook freezes/locks up

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
just got my 15" Powerbook G4 1.67 w/ hi-def screen. i'm new to Apple, so not sure what's wrong. my PB seems to be just randomly locking up. the keyboard & mouse are of no effect. i have to hold down the power button to get it to turn off, so i can reboot it. this thing is new & this is the 1st day. i love this thing & its functionality, but this freeze up thing is crazy. any advice? i had to reboot it 4 times so far in this manner! have all software updates loaded, too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SHAPIRO2

just got my 15" Powerbook G4 1.67 w/ hi-def screen. i'm new to Apple, so not sure what's wrong. my PB seems to be just randomly locking up. the keyboard & mouse are of no effect. i have to hold down the power button to get it to turn off, so i can reboot it. this thing is new & this is the 1st day. i love this thing & its functionality, but this freeze up thing is crazy. any advice? i had to reboot it 4 times so far in this manner! have all software updates loaded, too.

What are you doing when this happens? Trackpad doesn't work either? What programs are you running?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    shapiro2shapiro2 Posts: 37member
    actually, turns out it was bad RAM from 4allmemory.com. do not buy from there.