Apple Documentary

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was watching one of those "100 Best of..." programmes last night, and got thinking;

Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a documentary made on Apple Computers, showing all aspects of the company. We get to see Steve Jobs a lot in his Keynotes, which is great, their always exciting and I personally always look forward to them, but we never get to see 'behind the scenes' when Steve or any other Apple representive isn't trying to impress an audience.

An hour's documentary showing various Apple VIP's such as Steve Jobs, Jonathan Ives etc. talking about the growth of the company, the hits and misses, maybe a tour around Apple's HQ would be a good hour's watch in my opinion, definetly better than some of the crap that's on TV at the moment anyway!

I'd imagine Apple would want to keep as much of their winning methods a secret though, so they probably wouldn't be willing to expose their company in such a way ... but it could also be a good bit of advertising for them aswell.

Think it'll ever happen? ... and has anything similar to this been made already?

- smclintock

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I'd say just update this one... It was a very good program for it's day... Gave the whole story of Personal Computing industry up until the mid-90's... Only thing is Steve Jobs isn't even a part of Apple at the time of filming and Apple was about to reach it's lowest point in it's history.

I would love if they made another installment of this, picking up where they left off. There are so many innovations that have come along in personal computing since then.

http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index...entPage=search

• Reply 2 of 4
    Hmm, I'll have to give that a watch some day

It would be quite good for a modern version to be made though.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by smclintock

Hmm, I'll have to give that a watch some day

It would be quite good for a modern version to be made though.

You really should see it, It is Steve Jobs at his most raw. Being an outkast from apple computers while Microsoft is at it's peak. In this documentary he said the following:

"The problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have no taste and I don't mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way."

and

"What can I say? I hired the wrong guy. He destroyed everything I spent 10 years working for; starting with me, but that wasn't the saddest part. I would have gladly left Apple if Apple would have turned out like I wanted it to."

You can almost see the wheels cranking in Steves head as he plans to take back the ship.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnySmith

You really should see it, It is Steve Jobs at his most raw. Being an outkast from apple computers while Microsoft is at it's peak. In this documentary he said the following:

"The problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have no taste and I don't mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way."

lol, doesn't suprise me really, and M$ still havent got any.