"Just Added" page broken for past couple of days

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
A couple of days ago, I decided to check out what was new on the iTunes Music Store's "Just Added" page (US version). Every single link I clicked on did nothing more than take me back to the home page. I even used the "Copy iTunes Music Store URL" feature to inspect the links, and sure enough, they were all the same thing:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Front?s=143441

Just enough to get you to the home page for a particular store front, and nothing more.

I decided to check back today, figuring that since new music comes along on Tuesdays maybe this Tuesday's update would fix things, even if Apple never got around to fixing the old page.

Well, nothing new for this Tuesday yet, and the bad links are still there. I'm really surprised by this -- I think Apple would lose a lot of sales with a problem like that, and generate a lot of negative customer feedback, but either the problem is far deeper than one might imagine, or Apple isn't all that concerned about sales generated by the "Just Added" page.

Hopefully by time this post has been up for a few hours the problem will be sorted out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Whatever was wrong was fixed this morning when the normally-on-Tuesday updates finally showed up.

I guess not that many people use the Just Added page. I've spoken to other people and they assumed I meant the handful of "Just Added" items that are on the store's Home page, and were barely aware, if at all, that a full page of nothing but long (exhaustive?) lists of newly added albums for each of the four most recent weeks was available.