iPod Nano 1gb as second iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Well i picked one up from Best Buy (so I'd have the chance to return it if I didn't like it) and so far I don't like it much. I own a 30gb 5G iPod as well as a 1gb Shuffle and this I hoped could upgrade my shuffle with a screen.

After using the Shuffle for a year with a clip, its the perfect work out companion. Size, weight, and the 'clips' accessories were perfect. I did miss a screen so I thought I'd try the 1gb Nano...

Well, its just a funny size. Too big for a shirt clip (if you could find one) and too heavy compared to the shuffle. And trying to load the thing in iTunes was a serious pain in the butt. The auto fill feature just CANNOT be replicated with playlists on the Nano.

Apple needs to allow Autofill for its other products, its really good.

My advice is, if its your only iPod, its probably a good idea to get a 2gb or 4gb version if you can afford that. But for a second iPod for working out with, get a 512mb shuffle, its probably big enough.

Another thing about this, the 'hold' slider didn't feel right, too stiff. The screen was fine and the interface was just like it's big brothers but the click wheel was way different, kind of grates under the finger. Very different feel.

Its a nice product, but for a workout iPod it loses to the Shuffle in my opinion.

Anyway, that's my experience. I'll be returning this to Best Buy today, its just not going to replace the Shuffle, it doesn't make sense to upgrade to a downgrade for my use.