Games And Universal Binaries

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I looked for other posts in regard to this topic, but found none. I apologize if there is another thread about this, but I feel it's something that ought to be discussed.

I have the new 2.16 GHz MacBook Pro with 2GB RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM HD. Even with a system setup the way it is, I'm left with video games that are so lethargic that they are unplayable, obviously due to Rosetta. I have Sim City 4 and it's so sluggish that I quit it within minutes. I can't play it. Age of Mythology is the same way.

Being that these titles are still the current titles offered for Mac's, aren't the venders required to provide universal updates in order to allow their games to actually be played on the Intel Macs? They can't sell titles that don't actually work can they?

I've also gone to their websites and found no information released by them about Universal Binaries and updates for owners that can't even play the games.

Do any of you have information about this? Is there a way to discover if updates are even in the works? Or did I just throw away that money on games I can't reasonably play?

Thank you for your help.

Brian Green