Sankes on a Plane!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
OK, this may be common knowledge round these parts, but.....Snakes on a Plane!

Coming from NewLine cinema this summer. Samuel L. Jackson, snakes on a plane, which I believe is all we need to know.

But I guess the interesting thing is how this seems to be the first example of some kind of meta-viral-pomo-cyber pre-release internet party, wherein the mere idea of Samuel L. Jackson, on a plane, with snakes, has created a cottage industry of blogs, merchandise, fan sites, parodies and lively conversation, not to mention new internet slang for "irredeemably fucked up", or "hopelessly confusing".

At this point I think they ought to just pull the movie and call it a triumph, since it can't possibly be as hilarious/campy/absurd/stupid as what has been collectively imagined.

Favorite S.O.A.P. anecdote: "Snakes on a Plane" was only a working title, with the release title slated to be "Pacific Air Flight 121". When Jackson caught wind of this he announced that the movie he had signed up to do was "Snakes on a Plane" and he had no interest in lending his talents to "Pacific Air Flight 121". So, "Snakes on a Plane" it is.

Favorite fan parody image: crudely drawn images of a plane with a picture of Jackson shouting "We got motherfuckin' snakes!"

Favorite fan parody movie: "Snakes on an Elevator"

T-shirts available, but they'll only be cool until the movie comes out.

Official site here, after that, you're on your own.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    The trailer.

The parody.

The glory:

• Reply 2 of 3
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    That's just about the coolest thing I ever saw.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Best

Movie

Title

EVER!!!