Glaucoma hymn

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Brace yourselves, laddies, it's...... The Glaucoma Hymn! (Wait for it, takes a sec to load).

Now, while you're marveling at the glaucoma hymn, take a moment to look around the web site. Let's see, little cut outs of, presumably, luminaries in the field, animated so they appear to be jostling for a look at you. Huh. And, in the lower right hand corner, a slowly turning depiction of a, um.......thing. Interesting to note that one of the Society's "Values" in the Mission Statement is "Unity in Pluriformity". Yikes.

I actually had to hang out a while and check links to make sure this wasn't some kind of elaborate hoax, and to tell you the truth, I'm still not sure......

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Come now, no one else is transfixed by this? For god's sake, it's the glaucoma hymn!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Sorry adda... it wasn't imagined...

The best part of the hymn is the disembodied heads floating in the corner...

Every web site needs disembodied heads...
  • Reply 3 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Haha, I saw this previously, but I didn't look at it because I just knew there couldn't possibly be a Glaucoma Hymn, and I assumed it was just a late-night drunken addabox post. But there really is a Glaucoma Hymn. Is there a Glaucoma Church?

I actually like the little opthalmologists scooting around in the corner.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Haha, I saw this previously, but I didn't look at it because I just knew there couldn't possibly be a Glaucoma Hymn, and I assumed it was just a late-night drunken addabox post. But there really is a Glaucoma Hymn. Is there a Glaucoma Church?

Any theories as to what the rotating thing in the lower right hand corner is?

I thought maybe a cross section of a diseased eye ported from some other app/context where it made sense/you could tell what it was.

BTW, if you google the name of the guy who wrote the hymn, he appears to be one of the peeping ophthalmologists.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    LOL, at first glance I thought the thread read "Glaucoma hymen" -- quite a difference.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

LOL, at first glance I thought the thread read "Glaucoma hymen" -- quite a difference.

"Glaucoma, glaucoma, glaucoma, gradually constricting.... um....."
  • Reply 7 of 10
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

And, in the lower right hand corner, a slowly turning depiction of a, um.......thing. Interesting to note that one of the Society's "Values" in the Mission Statement is "Unity in Pluriformity". Yikes.

Hey, you shouldn't knock the Unity of... waitaminute...

um.... what evvv errr.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Any theories as to what the rotating thing in the lower right hand corner is?

Yeah I assume it's an eye scan of some type.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

My cat caught sight of the little heads and couldn't stop staring at them.

Quite funny.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

My cat caught sight of the little heads and couldn't stop staring at them.

Quite funny.

Careful, if you stare too long you go blind.