Steve Jobs sells nearly half his Apple stocks

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
What will this portend? He sold 4573553 at 64.64 leaving 5546451 still owned.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Benton

Well... he got paid $1 last year.... although if my google reckoning is correct... it gives him 295.6 million dollars with which to fly his crappy house to the middle of the pacific and drop it into the briny depths...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    bentonbenton Posts: 161member
    Quote:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da.../rrd111744.xml
  • Reply 3 of 9
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member

If you're going to post... please add something original per the forum rules. Simply posting a link while failing to contribute is not cool.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Im glad he posted the link. Thanks for that!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

...with which to fly his crappy house to the middle of the pacific and drop it into the briny depths...

COOL!... a new dive site!!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Why is this in Pollitical Outsider? Is he planning on using the money to run for office? 8)

IMHO, this is just another estate planning excercise. He was treated for a cancer that has a 50% survival rate in 5 years, and apple stock will tank if he dies. For his family, it is much better to cash out of apple (and also merge Pixar with disney, so the shares are more liquid).
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Confirmed: SJ is seeking the Democratic nomination for President.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    bentonbenton Posts: 161member
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

Why is this in Pollitical Outsider? Is he planning on using the money to run for office? 8)

IMHO, this is just another estate planning excercise. He was treated for a cancer that has a 50% survival rate in 5 years, and apple stock will tank if he dies. For his family, it is much better to cash out of apple (and also merge Pixar with disney, so the shares are more liquid).

Your question is valid. I was careless about placing this post in Political Outsider. Can you make corrective action and move to the most appropriate place? Thank you.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Your question is valid. I was careless about placing this post in Political Outsider. Can you make corrective action and move to the most appropriate place? Thank you.

e# can´t. I can. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I changed the title a bit as well. Not much news in Steve-o sellning nearly half a stock