Will Adobe software work on Intel imac?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just ordered a new intel imac (20") 2GHz, and just heard that the existing Adobe products like Photoshop CS, Aftereffects 6.5 Pro etc will not work with the new intel chips.

I also heard the apps just run slower... and am aware that the new intel adobe software is coming out...

Can anyone clarify whether the old software (Photoshop CS, AFX 6.5) will work on the new imac?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    photoshop for sure will run, just slower than native speed. after effects i imagine would run as well but i can't say for sure.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by rubygirl

I just ordered a new intel imac (20") 2GHz, and just heard that the existing Adobe products like Photoshop CS, Aftereffects 6.5 Pro etc will not work with the new intel chips.

I also heard the apps just run slower... and am aware that the new intel adobe software is coming out...

Can anyone clarify whether the old software (Photoshop CS, AFX 6.5) will work on the new imac?

Thanks

Every thing that runs on a mac now will "run" on your new machine, the only difference is it be running with the aid of a translator called Rosetta. Adobe and really any nonapple software that hasn't been built for the intel chip will run at a dissadvantage. Though from what I understand everything is still useable, just not as quick as it was.

Abobe has said they are not going to be releasing a "patch" to bring them up to speed as the software needs to be re-compiled. this isn't an easy project, so they are focusing thier efforts on CS3 whcih will be intel native and there fore will run really well.

If the runours and benchmarks are any indication these New intel macs should give us the speed that we as mac useser have been promised for generations.

have a nice day

flick.