Virus or error?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have some problems with my Powerbook G4 15'' tiger 10.4.3.:

Whatever applications I use it creates somewhere in the window a black rectangle like a highlight selection but that area is not selected. I mean that when I select for example a mail in the entourage that rectangle appears and selects something else but I can't access that selected field ( I don't even need that selection area), it randomly selects an area. This appears in all the applications including the finder. The bother is only visual.

Also my user account has 2 options for shut down, log out, restart, I mean "shut down user" and then just below this option "shut down user" again. The same for the other power options.

What do you guys recommend?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artanis

Whatever applications I use it creates somewhere in the window a black rectangle like a highlight selection but that area is not selected. I mean that when I select for example a mail in the entourage that rectangle appears and selects something else but I can't access that selected field ( I don't even need that selection area), it randomly selects an area. This appears in all the applications including the finder. The bother is only visual.

That will be hard to comprehend without a screenshot.

Quote:

Also my user account has 2 options for shut down, log out, restart, I mean "shut down user" and then just below this option "shut down user" again. The same for the other power options.

Sounds like you might have VoiceOver on.

System Preferences -> Universal Access -> VoiceOver -> Off
  • Reply 2 of 2
    artanisartanis Posts: 156member
    Thank you Chucker, this was the problem.