Making my mightymouse have a back button

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know its small but i can't seem to figure out how to make my mightymouse's side button be a back button in my safari browser can anyone help me on that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    First, remember that the side "button" is selected by squeezing both grey portions on the sides of the mouse. Pushing one side will not make it go.

Second, make sure that your mouse System Preferences panel is set up to have the side buttons do a backspace or command-left arrow when squeezed. Either of these will do a back command on the browser.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    i did'nt know exacly how to set my side buttons for backspace or any command options let me know how that works
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nyoung20

i did'nt know exacly how to set my side buttons for backspace or any command options let me know how that works

It came with your mouse and can be accessed through System Preferences after installation. More here:

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/software.html
  • Reply 4 of 7
    well thank you for your help, but i have tried looking through all of those things and i could just be overlooking it but i dont know what to set on the OTHER portion when you are selecting what it will do for you. Also I dont know how to set the BUTTON 4 option either. if you know how to work those let me know
  • Reply 5 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

First, remember that the side "button" is selected by squeezing both grey portions on the sides of the mouse. Pushing one side will not make it go.

Second, make sure that your mouse System Preferences panel is set up to have the side buttons do a backspace or command-left arrow when squeezed. Either of these will do a back command on the browser.

The side buttons do work with with one pressed! I am doing it now!

You must not have a Mighty mouse, or at least not a new one!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

The Mighty mouse and my friends one work when you press one of the side buttons!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I must have misunderstood it when it first came out, however you still can't program each of the buttons independently.