Playing games on a macbook pro?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I recently bought a game called stubbs the zombie, but when i started playing the game was really slow. I minimized the resolution but it still was to slow. I just wanted to know what i could do to be able to run the game normally?

I have a Macbook Pro 1.83 with one gig and 128 video card

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lfmd

I recently bought a game called stubbs the zombie, but when i started playing the game was really slow. I minimized the resolution but it still was to slow. I just wanted to know what i could do to be able to run the game normally?

I have a Macbook Pro 1.83 with one gig and 128 video card

Thanks

That should be fine!

Ring tech support, you have 90 days fee phone help!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It's probably not universal.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    To clarify the above, If the app (or in this case game) is not universal, the OS uses something called Rossetta to "translate" (hence the name) to be used on the macbook.

When/If they come out with a universal version, that would work at normal speed.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    lfmdlfmd Posts: 6member
    thanks fro the info. Are there any universal game out yet for the Macbook Pro?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
  • Reply 6 of 8
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

World of Warcraft
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Yes there are games that are Universal but the 2 that I want are about to be released very soon Quake 4 which looks awesome http://www.macgamestore.com/detail.php?ProductID=433 and Call of Duty 2 http://www.macgamestore.com/detail.php?ProductID=452

Btw I see your from Puerto Rico so am I! where are you from?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Here's a guide with Universal Binary Games. I don't think its complete, but it will give some info as to what games are universal and which run OK under Rosetta.