Opening .wpd in OSX

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is this possible? I was sent a text document in .wpd and I can't seem to get it to open in either M$ Word, TextEdit or AppleWorks. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    sekiosekio Posts: 150member
    I'm trying AbiWord right now. It opens the file but freezes right away.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sekio

I'm trying AbiWord right now. It opens the file but freezes right away.

AbiWord usually opens them okay. If not, you might have to use MacLink or other translation software. I just bought an Intel Mac, and found out my old, beloved WordPerfect can't function--because, of course, the lack of classic.

So I invested in MacLink and had to convert a decade's worth of fiction writing over to Pages. (I worked for years on the WordPerfect Mac team, so I can't bring myself to use MS Word.
  • Reply 3 of 7
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Open Office?

Good point. NeoOffice at least opens WordPerfect Documents.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I'm installing NeoOffice right now.

I also tried AbiWord awhile ago and it would open the document but would freeze up right away. It didn't seem to work with anything. I also downloaded WordPerfect for OS8 and 9. it worked ok but wouldn't open my file. We'll see how NeoOffice handles it.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    It worked!

Also, NeoOffice looks disgustingly like a Windows program. What's up with that?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Seeing how the school system here in Ontario uses a LOT of word perfect files (Corel gives it out for free to schools)... I have run into this before.

Best solution I have found is Mac Link Plus from Dataviz.

check it out

HERE

edit for html -> vb code