QuickTime Issue

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So I've zeroed out both hard drives on my PowerMac G5, and started with a fresh install of Mac OSX Tiger out of the box, but when I finish the install and try to open up QuickTime it closes unexpectedly.

Also, I can browse to anywhere on the net except http://www.apple.com/quicktime. Whenever I browse to here, safari quits as well with the same "unexpected" error.

I've tried to install the OS on both of the hard drives to rule out HD corruption, done all the updates, and still no luck. If anyone has any insight as to what my problem is, I would very much appreciate it. This problem has been very frustrating!

Some other info about my computer:

PowerMac G5

extras:

160 GB HD

4 GB RAM

M-Audio Delta 66 Sound Card

AirPort Extreme Card

Everything else is stock. I've had the computer for a little less than a year, and really haven't had any problems until now.

If anyone can please help me I would be very appreciative!

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Make sure any and all extra drivers, etc. for the sound card and other stuff is installed and don't forget to repair permissions with the install disk.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    OK so I fixed it. The problem was that I still had my DVI adapter plugged into my second DVI slot without it being connected to a second monitor/TV.

Thanks anyway!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Okay. Weird. Glad you figured it out.