Buying a Powerbook refresh question ?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I called an Apple Store and they have a Refreshed PowerBook 15-inch 1.67GHz SuperDrive for $1,299. I never heard the term refreshed. When I asked what that meant the salesmen told me it could have a software issue, demo unit or it was returned. He said I could check the machine out prior to buying it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this if it's a good idea or bad one? I'm kind of skeptical. Any thought's on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ssn551

I called an Apple Store and they have a Refreshed PowerBook 15-inch 1.67GHz SuperDrive for $1,299. I never heard the term refreshed. When I asked what that meant the salesmen told me it could have a software issue, demo unit or it was returned. He said I could check the machine out prior to buying it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this if it's a good idea or bad one? I'm kind of skeptical. Any thought's on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

You don´t mean refurbished?

And what kind of Apple Store? An "Apple" Apple store?

If it isn´t an officially refurbished unit I would be cautious
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

You don´t mean refurbished?

And what kind of Apple Store? An "Apple" Apple store?

Yeah it was an Apple Store. I called Apple tech support and they said it should be fine. He said the Refreshed Mac's have a standard warranty.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Go for it, a Refresh means that it's been out on the floor, you may have a dimmer screen, but AppleCare should take care of that if it becomes terrible.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    appelappel Posts: 69member
    Refresh sounded at first to me like Apples take on "refurbished". Sounds like a plan, get it.