macbook? Ibook? MacPod?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Personally I am one of those who dig the new name for the macbook Pro. I really don't care about them dropping the "power" moniker and adding the "Mac".

I've always refered to all my apple computers as "macs" anyway.

But it does raise interesting questions. Not only about if apple will call the upcoming intel ibooks "macbooks"...but what they will call the new powermacs?, or if they would ever go so far and change the name of the famous "iPod" to the "MacPod"?

I know the issue is the "power" moniker and not the "i"...but I mean if they would drop the "i" in "ibook" would they drop the "i" in "iPod"?

I doubt it....but it is interesting to ponder.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 34
    I think the iBook will be renamed to MacBook, and the iPod labeling will stay as is.
  • Reply 2 of 34
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

I think the iBook will be renamed to MacBook, and the iPod labeling will stay as is.

Agreed. Apple is keen to add prominence to the Mac name, but the iPod isn't a Mac.
  • Reply 3 of 34
    appelappel Posts: 69member
    I would also agree, and may I ask, as I'm reletively new to loving Apple computers (about a week), what is the whole PowerMac G5 situation with the Intel processors.
  • Reply 4 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by appel

I would also agree, and may I ask, as I'm reletively new to loving Apple computers (about a week), what is the whole PowerMac G5 situation with the Intel processors.

Do you mean when Intel-based Powermacs (Mac Pros) will be released? I'm guessing sometime between September and November.
  • Reply 5 of 34
    tick629tick629 Posts: 13member
    I spoke with someone at the apple store recently who said that they should be out by december of 2006. Hopefully soon. Anyone have info on the macbook release?
  • Reply 6 of 34
    opnsourceopnsource Posts: 216member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tick629

I spoke with someone at the apple store recently who said that they should be out by december of 2006. Hopefully soon. Anyone have info on the macbook release?

The MacBook has to come out this month in order for Apple to benifit from the education market. I am hoping within the first couple of weeks...
  • Reply 7 of 34
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Also, could someone explain any difficulties this may cause by changing to Intel processors.
  • Reply 8 of 34
    lustlust Posts: 83member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tick629

I spoke with someone at the apple store recently who said that they should be out by december of 2006.

That would have to be a big "NO SHIT"
  • Reply 9 of 34
    ??? What was that about
  • Reply 10 of 34
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I've gotten used to MacBook Pro. Sure, I miss PowerBook as much as the next guy, but I agree that its good to have Mac in the name.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

[snip] as I'm reletively new to loving Apple computers (about a week)[/snip]

A week in love...?

You're just horny, love is something different.
  • Reply 12 of 34
    HaHa, no, not literally, as an enthausiast.

I don't write love poems down on pink pieces of card and try and put them in Apple disk trays.
  • Reply 13 of 34
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

I'm reletively new to loving Apple computers (about a week),

WOAH...TMI man TMI...For the record there are some things that enquiering minds dont want to know.

(insert dirty Firewire or CAT-5e joke here.
  • Reply 14 of 34
    Took that too far.
  • Reply 15 of 34
    crampy20crampy20 Posts: 68member
    A name is a name get over it.

If you wanna shout at someone about it shout at steve jobs...

Oh but WAIT he's perfect... yer right

macpod.. are you joking? the ipod is NOT a mac and apple would never dare change the name of such an important well recognised product even if it was ihateblacks or ishit
  • Reply 16 of 34
    Pretty grumpy post.
  • Reply 17 of 34
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    MacMini, MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, ProMac, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod, iPod Video!
  • Reply 18 of 34
    Quote:

Pretty grumpy post.

Maybe...

Oh look its irlend, the guy who is also over on Think Secret! HEY! I see you get as pissed of as me, except for different reasons.
  • Reply 19 of 34
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    huh?
  • Reply 20 of 34
    ?

Sos was i confusing?

oh well, trust the irish!

! j/k !