Fall academic year product-intro window

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I've often heard people saying the Intel iBooks will probably hit in time for the buying season for the fall academic year. What window of time is that exactly? Does it mean the timeframe when students will be buying at retail for school (ie Aug/Sept) or when schools and resellers will be buying wholesale in anticipation of student purchases (ie May-June)? I'm a little confused, and getting it all sussed out would be a big help relative to figuring out if/when I'm gonna buy a MacBook Pro (or if I'm gonna wait it out...).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by andrewjnyc

I've often heard people saying the Intel iBooks will probably hit in time for the buying season for the fall academic year. What window of time is that exactly? Does it mean the timeframe when students will be buying at retail for school (ie Aug/Sept) or when schools and resellers will be buying wholesale in anticipation of student purchases (ie May-June)? I'm a little confused, and getting it all sussed out would be a big help relative to figuring out if/when I'm gonna buy a MacBook Pro (or if I'm gonna wait it out...).

Well apparently WWDC has been moved from its regular time in June until August, so I'd expect something then; on the other hand don't forget that Apple could intro something and not ship for a while...