Quick silly question. Can photos be viewed before opening?

nvmnvm
Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi, just wondering if there is a way to make photos viewable before opening them. In other words, instead of the little JPG graphic that is a picture, can it be a little tiny version of the photo. That way I can scan an entire folder for the pic I want, instead of having to look in the preview window....

Sorry its such a basic Q,

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NVM

Hi, just wondering if there is a way to make photos viewable before opening them. In other words, instead of the little JPG graphic that is a picture, can it be a little tiny version of the photo. That way I can scan an entire folder for the pic I want, instead of having to look in the preview window....

Sorry its such a basic Q,

Thanks!

Yes. Switch to 3-column view in the Finder and there's a preview that's available. The problem is that you'll have to view them individually.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nvmnvm Posts: 24member
    There's no way to view multiple photos? Couldn't OS 9 do this?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    If you meen show a thumbnale of the image instead of whatever it shows, you can choose, view>>show view options>>check 'show preview'.

- Noah
  • Reply 4 of 6
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Icon View to see all of them at once, instead of one at a time.

Open the folder, icon view (Cmd-1), then Cmd-J to bring up the view options (or menu item View -> View Options).

Click on Icon Preview.

It will show you any image that QuickTime can open.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ok, i found that option (only when I had Mac HD highlited), and checked "show icon preview", but no luck!

any other ideas? I loved that OS 9 did this!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Sweet, got it. Thanks! This is just what I was looking for.

This forum rocks, thanks again!