iLife 05 vs. iLife 06

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
as the subject title says... is it really much of a difference and worth the upgrade? what differences between the 2 packages?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DAIDAI

as the subject title says... is it really much of a difference and worth the upgrade? what differences between the 2 packages?

If you want to make your own Website easily. You get an app. called iWeb, I like it! Editing and viewing photos is better and easier! And if you want to make a Podcast, It's now very easy using the new verison of GarageBand Version 3, I think it's great! Other stuff too, like photo casting!

I think it's worth it!!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    I agree. If you use iPhoto it is definitely worth it. Much much faster. Full screen editting is also really nice. And if you want to set up a simple website, iWeb is really easy to use. I wasn't particularly impressed with the iMovie update, and I never used Garageband.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I only use iPhoto out of all the iLife apps, but the new version is great - better editing tools and definitely faster.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I think we're all agreed it's worth it! It's not enough money to have many regrets anyway.

Did anyone see the new iLife boxes?? They are so small, it's cute!

They're about the same size as the new iPod boxes! (30Gb)

tiny!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Try searching for what you are looking for and having a read through

These two threads will shead some light on iLife.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...highlight=iWeb

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...highlight=iWeb
  • Reply 6 of 9
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I like the new iLife and iWork releases. If you didn't purchase the '05 versions then the upgrade is a shoe-in. If you did get '05, I'd still recommend them. As other posters have said, if you use iPhoto it is worth it for it alone and the other iApps are freebies.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

I only use iPhoto out of all the iLife apps, but the new version is great - better editing tools and definitely faster.

Same here... no complaints about the upgrade cost for the actual benefits. iPhoto is one of the primary reasons why I bought a Mac.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    iTunes has been officially removed from the iLife suite. I purchased iLife '06 for iWeb (very nice app) and iPhoto (very much improved). With iLife '06 I believe you can burn iDVD projects directly to supported 3rd party DVD drives instead of having to save them as a disk images, and then burning the disk images to DVD like with iLife '05.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    iLife 06 is definitely worth the cost. iPhoto now is faster and works in full screen, which is great if you have a large screen like my 23. iWeb, well, it is too easy to use. Just these two apps make iLife a nice purchase in my opinion.

I will be installing iLife on the machine at work tomorrow to start using iMovie and iDVD (I make lots of DVDs at work now), so I will let you know in two weeks my thoughts on those. One initial complaint on iMovie is the old themes seem to be missing; just a first impression. There are some noticable additions that look really nice.

Bottom line: buy iLife 06. Use it, send Apple your feedback.