iTunes audio ripping question...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know how to change the encoded data in an mp3 in iTunes so that it displays the proper Album info? Artist, Song Title, Album, etc.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Click on a song entry in your library and type cmd-I, and the info window will pop and you can edit any of those, or choose Get Info from the File Menu.

[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: agent302 ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 8
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Also, if you are ripping a CD for the first time, you can select "Get CD Track Names" from the Advanced menu before ripping. iTunes will contact CDDB, download the track data, and save them into the ID3 tags when you rip the CD to MP3s.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    but the CDDB info isn't always right

if you selest multiple tracks at the same time, you can change the info for all of them at once. (once again, by typing command-I) This is useful of altering the info that is the same album wide: artist, album, # of tracks, date, etc.

[edit: i can't spell]

[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: Stroszek ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>Also, if you are ripping a CD for the first time, you can select "Get CD Track Names" from the Advanced menu before ripping. iTunes will contact CDDB, download the track data, and save them into the ID3 tags when you rip the CD to MP3s.</strong><hr></blockquote>

this also works after you rip te tracks... for example lets say you ripped the CDs and didnt have acces to the internet so all the songs say track 1, track 2 etc.... you can go back and select them and go advanced---&gt;get CD track names and it will work....
  • Reply 5 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by Paul:

<strong>this also works after you rip te tracks...</strong><hr></blockquote>Really? Gosh, I guess you do learn something new every day.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    I just tried that with some tracks I had ripped while not on the net, and whaddayaknow, it worked! Thanks for the tip, Paul.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    that's the coolest tip i've heard in days
  • Reply 8 of 8
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    Thanks for all the help guys. That is really going to help.