Imac G5 startup problem

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
for many many months, after i installed an apple update, whenever i started up my imac it would go into some wierd startup mode where it flashes a little icon of the network symbol for like 10 minutes, then afterthat flashes a little folder icon that switches between the oldschool mac logo thing from os9 with the face and the mac screen, to a question mark, adter that it goes to the regular startup screen. i can make this process go much faster by unplugging my ethernet before startup. I've beem working around this startup problem for months now untill today when i need to force edject a cd, but when i try and do any of those apple promts at startup like command-option-o-f, it won't work because there is never any startup sound.

please help me fix this

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Check "System Prefs" > "Startup Disk"

It almost sounds like you have "Network Startup" selected. In which case, it spends time looking for the network to start from before defaulting back to the HD.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jaxonjaxon Posts: 3member
    NICE, thanks for the adivice, my startup was set to network

but i still can't eject this cd, i went into the firmware thing at startup and typed "eject cd" but it said it could not be done, i also held down my mouse when strarting up and it wouldn't eject either. are there any problems like this for the rev a imac g5, i'm not even convinced theres a disc in there, just somethign stopping me from sticking one inside