ready to walk

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
is anyone else as irritated by the neon-flashing "winner" ads appleinsider has sold on its site? they literally make my eyes hurt. I can't imagine the thought process an editor/sales manager/publisher went thru to conclude running an ad like it on pages people were trying to read was a good idea.

i just checked, there are no such irritating ads at macrumors or think secret. I value appleinsider so i'm hoping others might alsoexpress their feelings to the appropraite staffers (at contact us on the home page).

respectfully, in an effort to keep an otherwise intelligent information source from destroying itself,

terry dunham

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Everybody who is involved with the site knows the unhappiness with the ads. SO ramping up a mail-in campaign won´t make more impact than is already achieved.

Save campaigns for your congressman or torture regimes.

And please use the right subforums.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    rtdunhamrtdunham Posts: 428member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Everybody who is involved with the site knows the unhappiness with the ads. SO ramping up a mail-in campaign won´t make more impact than is already achieved.

Save campaigns for your congressman or torture regimes.

And please use the right subforums.

understood. i've gone to a different forum. I had no desire tomake this a public issue, but I couldn't figure out how to ask you this question off-forum, so if you can answer it (email me privately if you'd like) and then delete this, if you'd like, i'd appreciate it: if everyone involved with the site knows the ads are hated WHO sold the ads? WHO allows them to continue to run? to whom do i privately direct my thoughts?

thanks

terry dunham

[email protected]