Apple updates iWork, Xsan, GarageBand, Java, more...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple Computer on Wednesday issued updates to its popular iWork productivity suite applications, which address several minor issues. In recent weeks the company has also issued a handful of other minor software updates referenced below.

Keynote 3.0.1

Keynote 3.0.1 (39MB) addresses issues with three-dimensional charts and textures. It also addresses a number of other minor issues.

Pages 2.0.1

Pages 2.0.1 (21MB) addresses issues with charts and image adjust. It also addresses a number of other minor issues.

Xsan Filesystem 1.3 for Mac OS X 10.3.9

Xsan Filesystem 1.3 for Mac OS X 10.3.9 (12MB) delivers overall improved reliability for Xsan and is recommended for all systems running 10.3.9.

Xsan 1.3 Uninstaller

Xsan 1.3 Uninstaller (229K) will remove Xsan from your computer. It will also remove the Xsan Admin application and documentation files.

Xsan Admin 1.3 Update

Xsan Admin 1.3 Update (7.6MB) delivers overall improved reliability for remotely administering, configuring and maintaining Xsan deployments.

Xsan Filesystem 1.3 for Mac OS X 10.4

Xsan Filesystem 1.3 (10MB) for Mac OS X 10.4 delivers overall improved reliability for Xsan and is recommended for all systems running 10.4.

GarageBand 3.0.2 Update

GarageBand 3.0.2 Update (30MB) addresses issues with video handling, podcast exporting, and importing QuickTime markers. It also addresses a number of other minor issues.

Bonjour for Windows 1.0.3

Bonjour for Windows 1.0.3 (14.2MB) is recommended for all Bonjour users to improve usability and compatibility. This update also improves start up performance of Bonjour on Windows platforms.

J2SE 5.0 Release 4 (Intel)

Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE) 5.0 Release 4 (80MB) delivers improved reliability and compatibility for Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 on Mac OS X v10.4.5 and later.

J2SE 5.0 Release 4 (PPC)

Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE) 5.0 Release 4 (53MB) delivers improved reliability and compatibility for Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 on Mac OS X v10.4.5 and later.

iMac (early 2006) Firmware Update 1.0.1

iMac (early 2006) Firmware Update 1.0.1 (2.8MB) is for iMac (early 2006) computers with Intel processors only. It now runs on localized systems that use languages that read right to left.

MacBook Pro (early 2006) Firmware Update 1.0.1

MacBook Pro (early 2006) Firmware Update 1.0.1 (2.8MB) is for MacBook Pro (early 2006) computers with Intel processors only. It now runs on localized systems that use languages that read right to left.

Mac mini (early 2006) Firmware Update 1.0.1

Mac mini (early 2006) Firmware Update 1.0.1 (2.8MB) is for Mac mini (early 2006) computers with Intel processors only. It now runs on localized systems that use languages that read right to left.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Great! Now to update those iBooks
  • Reply 2 of 17
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I thought the firmware updates for the Intel Macs were available three weeks ago. I know I installed it last week. Has there been any confirmation on whether more has been updated than just the localization? I thought that was when the BIOS compatibility module was added as well. Some people claim the MacBook Pro runs cooler with the latest firmware. It seems to be the case, but I wish I knew for sure.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    "(early 2006")

Those designations would almost make one think that a newer, 64-bit generation might be coming late in 2006.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nagromme

"(early 2006")

Those designations would almost make one think that a newer, 64-bit generation might be coming late in 2006.

Bingo! Can you read palms too, cause I think you've spotted something there that was staring everyone in the face.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    cue Rolo!
  • Reply 6 of 17
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

cue Rolo!

• Reply 7 of 17
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

I thought the firmware updates for the Intel Macs were available three weeks ago.

Yeah, and the GarageBand and Java updates came out last week. As the article says, "In recent weeks the company has also issued a handful of other minor software updates referenced below."
  • Reply 8 of 17
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    I don't understand why you would delete my thread that I started with all of the recent updates, BUT THEN you start your own thread listing the very same updates... but report on it with incorrect information.

Tell me it is pure coincidence and you had no control over the server fairy choosing to delete my entire thread.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

Tell me it is pure coincidence and you had no control over the server fairy choosing to delete my entire thread.

I don't think that is unrealistic. I think there are a lot of threads that are missing all their posts. Sometimes I posted something, edited it and later the post reverted to its previous form.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    I am trying to think of a reason why AppleInsider would do this. I thought maybe you were reporting on some other thing that I didn't realize or pick up on.

Maybe you meant to talk about all of the apps being updated to universal binary lately in an effort to sell machines. But that doesn't make sense either. That would just be too absent minded to report on that but actually fail to mention it in the article. Plus you listed Windows software (ie: Bonjour).

I don't understand yor angle.

How come you didn't include apps like Aperature 1.1 and others?

How come you deleted my thread?
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

I don't think that is unrealistic. I think there are a lot of threads that are missing all their posts. Sometimes I posted something, edited it and later the post reverted to its previous form.

I suppose if you post on here long enough your bound to run across something like that.

But still, forums that have been around as long as AppleInsider has AND forums that are frequented as heavily as AI is, you think there would be backup measures in place.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    The question I have is what did they fix with charts in Keynote and Pages? Rather big updates for tweaks. Is there more to the updates than they are saying? Just curious.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

I suppose if you post on here long enough your bound to run across something like that.

But still, forums that have been around as long as AppleInsider has AND forums that are frequented as heavily as AI is, you think there would be backup measures in place.

Did you consider that the reason your post may have disappeared is that a backup was put into place to fix the database issues that were plaguing the server over the past couple of weeks. Yesterday, they blew up.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Did you consider that the reason your post may have disappeared is that a backup was put into place to fix the database issues that were plaguing the server over the past couple of weeks. Yesterday, they blew up.

Could this be the problem?

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/default.mspx
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

Could this be the problem?

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/default.mspx

Either that or they didn't change the oil.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Thank you for your reply.

Interesting! I did consider this but it was the entire thread that disappeared and it wasn't yesterday that it disappeared; it happened about 2 weeks ago.

Wait, your telling me that you just started backing stuff up this month for the very first time!??!

Interestingly, though, I see that late yesterday it actually RETURNED. How's that for mystery. The system blows up and somehow my thread comes back. Or did it come back because it was actually able to be backed up and then restored... right after I complained about it???
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

Thank you for your reply.

Interesting! I did consider this but it was the entire thread that disappeared and it wasn't yesterday that it disappeared; it happened about 2 weeks ago.

Wait, your telling me that you just started backing stuff up this month for the very first time!??!

Interestingly, though, I see that late yesterday it actually RETURNED. How's that for mystery. The system blows up and somehow my thread comes back. Or did it come back because it was actually able to be backed up and then restored... right after I complained about it???

Suffice to say, the database has been on glue for the past two weeks. The fixes made yesterday seemed to do the trick.

As far as I can tell, your post wasn't moved/deleted/teleported anywhere on purpose. Just a glitch.