Apple 's Future: A happy one

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I think boot camp will really help apple.

I mean think about it, Apple will sell the only computer to be FREE of viruses and run windows programs full blast. Apple would sell more computers and micro$ would sell it's programs to be run on macs!

Everyone wins? What do you think

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    There's no way it wouldn't help Apple. Apple makes money off hardware. And every Mac sold counts as +1 to the ol' Mac market share no matter which OS is installed on it.

And really...I've never heard someone that's actually used OS X say with a straight face that Windows was better. They'll usually say OS X is better or say they've both got their flaws and advantages.

And the old "but there's hardly any software on Mac" has been completely debunked. There might be a couple important apps on the PC that haven't been ported to Mac...but for the most part, OS X has everything the PC has wrapped up in a better interface.

Apple's move has just assured them at least 5 years of smooth sailing. Had someone asked me about the future of Apple a year ago before the Intel announcement and the way IBM and Motorola were screwing Apple or 10 years ago when Copland's future was being discussed and Apple had no direction, I would be saying something very different.

Apple couldn't have a brighter future right now...and it's growth potential is tremendous.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    knobsknobs Posts: 8member
    won't there at least be a small percentage of people buying macs because of boot camp? The kind of people who like windows and would only use OS X to check email and surf the net?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    I do not meen to be a wet blanket here, but......

Boot Camp will definitely bring in a lot of switchers, but as Apple's market share rises and the amount of users (using OS X) rises, so to will the amount of viruses and hackers. More market share is always good, but you have to think of what it brings with it.

thats my 2¢,

Noah
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by knobs

won't there at least be a small percentage of people buying macs because of boot camp? The kind of people who like windows and would only use OS X to check email and surf the net?

Why would anyone do that?

The people that will switch are the people that need that one or two "must have" Windows programs. I know a few people who are going to switch now because of it. But they'll primarily use OS X as far as I know.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by noah93

I do not meen to be a wet blanket here, but......

Boot Camp will definitely bring in a lot of switchers, but as Apple's market share rises and the amount of users (using OS X) rises, so to will the amount of viruses and hackers. More market share is always good, but you have to think of what it brings with it.

thats my 2¢,

Noah

Good thing that it's just your two cents, because it's completely inconsistent with reality
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Yah it is going to be a good future. Since Boot Camp and Intel switch i have managed to convince about 4 of my friends to get a Mac next time they are buying a computer. The day Boot Camp came out another one of my friends went out and bought a Mac Mini that night. All my friends that see my iMac and what it can do are amazed. Lol life is good.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

UNIX is a lot harder to write virues for, and if apple's share of the computer goes up 5% the amount of virues written for mac will not necessarly go up that much.

MAC OS X is a lot harder to hack than Mirco$ Windows
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by charliehorse

UNIX is a lot harder to write virues for, and if apple's share of the computer goes up 5% the amount of virues written for mac will not necessarly go up that much.

MAC OS X is a lot harder to hack than Mirco$ Windows

While it is true, the the larger the community, the more visible it is to an attack. However, because it is more visible, does not mean that it is more prone to an attack. The whole point of this mini-rant is that it isn't any more prone to attack or less prone to attack. The reason why Windows is full of viruses and malware isn't because of visibility, it is because of security; or lack there-of.