Squeaky keys etc

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I, along with many MBP buyers are content with the choice we made. I love the laptop...

BUT

the space bar squeaks when i press it...wtf? It's only a WEEK OLD!!

also, the rubber along the edges isnt completely align with the actual lining of the computer...

anyway to fix this? as in myself, WD40? Sending it back? Any advise?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mopsicle

I, along with many MBP buyers are content with the choice we made. I love the laptop...

BUT

also, the rubber along the edges isnt completely align with the actual lining of the computer...

My 17" Powerbook did the same when I bought it.

After about a month of use it went away.

- Xidius
  • Reply 2 of 5
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mopsicle

BUT

is the space bar very squishy? like does it feel loose? kinda broken?

if so i'd go replace it right now. go check the other models at the store (bring your mbp just in case).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    axc51axc51 Posts: 98member
    Anyone still having this problem? I've had my MBP for 3 weeks now and the space bar is still squeaky after daily use.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    benzenebenzene Posts: 338member
    Pop the key off and lightly lubricate the points where the plastic scissor mechanism clip onto the back of the key with a little dishwashing detergent. Don't use oil or vaseline, as that will potentially weaken the plastic.

(You'll have to scroll down to the last post of the forum link I've posted above to get the description of how to get the key off.) If you do break the key, you can always get another one here for nine bucks.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    axc51axc51 Posts: 98member
    Can't I just take it to the genius bar and have them fix it (just incase I do it wrong)?