Who Posted About Apple Working on BitTorrent Capabilities?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I remember reading about a year ago (and I believe it was here on AppleInsider) that someone had seen or worked with... or maybe heard about some facet of iTunes relying on an Apple designed capability very similar to BitTorrent.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find what I remember reading. It would have been about 10-18 months ago.

Anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

I remember reading about a year ago (and I believe it was here on AppleInsider) that someone had seen or worked with... or maybe heard about some facet of iTunes relying on an Apple designed capability very similar to BitTorrent.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find what I remember reading. It would have been about 10-18 months ago.

Anyone?

I don't recall hearing anything about this and Apple, but I have read articles of microsoft's involvement in BitTorrent style distribution models. Can't help further than that though.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

http://macosrumors.com/20060429A.php

Thank you, but that was not what I remember reading from long ago.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    On a side note, I am inclined to doubt that MSOR posting because Apple would never let System Updates come from anywhere other than their own servers.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    It would be like the way it works in World of Warcraft, geniuses.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    If they do, they'll repackage BitTorrent and people will scream 'OMFG APPLE IZ TEH INNOVATIVE!!111'