Get-A-Mac 'Viruses' Ads - Words Changed/Edited

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok,

So i dont know why, but if you look at the new Viruses ad, something weird goes on when the PC describes how many virueses there were on the PC last year - They edited the audio/voiced over it. You would need to see the HD version to notice, but his mouth clearly separates from his words, when he says a "were a hundred last ..." then rejoins when he says "for year PCs..."

No doubt they said something they shouldn't have (lawsuites) or just inccorectly quoted the number...

I can't make out what he is saying but I can tell its voice overed, you can hear his pitch changes slighly around there as well...

-Stephen Rose

Pixel Perfect Productions

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    On an unrelated note, I can't get your website to come up.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guartho

On an unrelated note, I can't get your website to come up.

a new website... forgot the url! fixed now.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    the original, as played durring 24 last week was something like "there were over # thousand viruses" the number seemed inflated, accurate only if variants of viruses count as new viruses which they usually do not...

#==a number between 1 and 10, I was half paying attention, half looking at the OSG.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

the original, as played durring 24 last week was something like "there were over # thousand viruses" the number seemed inflated, accurate only if variants of viruses count as new viruses which they usually do not...

#==a number between 1 and 10, I was half paying attention, half looking at the OSG.

???

The one on apples site goes: "there were 114 Thousand known viruses"

So you are saying that the original one said only 1-10 thousand? wouldn't that be deflated? Am I missing someting?

Well they obviously didn't want to get sued for false-advertising.

One note, Is this a common thing - to voice over an ad? - I am wondering why I havent seen ANYWHERE else talking/noticing about this...

-Stephen Rose

Pixel Perfect Productions
  • Reply 5 of 6
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Extremely common. Most ad makers get around it by having the portions of the voiceover that are likely to change occur when the camera is on something other than the speaker, such as the person the speaker is talking to. Keep an eye out for ads that mention prices, dates, drug side-effects, and other information that is likely to be needed to be changed quickly, and you'll start seeing that it is everywhere. Heck, in this ad, notice that that line comes when he's kind of looking down, and therefore his mouth is harder to see.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Extremely common. Most ad makers get around it by having the portions of the voiceover that are likely to change occur when the camera is on something other than the speaker, such as the person the speaker is talking to. Keep an eye out for ads that mention prices, dates, drug side-effects, and other information that is likely to be needed to be changed quickly, and you'll start seeing that it is everywhere. Heck, in this ad, notice that that line comes when he's kind of looking down, and therefore his mouth is harder to see.

the thing is now we can actualy see the mistakes more clearly with HD... i remember when DVD came out it ruined alot of old movies, cause you could actualy see the strings attached to the actors to make them fly (Superman)