Looking for a retainer contract template

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Afternoon everyone,

I have a client that I've worked with for almost two years and it has become apparent to both parties that it would be best to set up a retainer. Now I don't have the money to get a contract writen up by a lawyer but I and they want something that protects both of us. Do any of you brilliant folks know where I might find a template of a retainer contract or anything that might help me craft one?

Thanks for being the finest gang online.

flick.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Hi,

I'm on a very similar situation, where you able to get a template? if so can you be so kind and forward it to me??

thanks,

fab08

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flick Justice View Post

Afternoon everyone,

I have a client that I've worked with for almost two years and it has become apparent to both parties that it would be best to set up a retainer. Now I don't have the money to get a contract writen up by a lawyer but I and they want something that protects both of us. Do any of you brilliant folks know where I might find a template of a retainer contract or anything that might help me craft one?

Thanks for being the finest gang online.

flick.

• Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fab08 View Post

Hi,

I'm on a very similar situation, where you able to get a template? if so can you be so kind and forward it to me??

thanks,

fab08

Wow that was a long timae ago!

I'm still working with them.

PM me.

flick.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    I'd call an attorney, and just ask how long it would take. I know it's ~$120 an hour, but I can't imagine they're going to stick you for more than a few hours.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Hello,

I have found my self in the same situation that you were previously in. I would like to enter in to a retainer with a client but do not have the contracts to do so. Did you ever come up with one for your business that I would be able to look at for clues??

I would greatly appreciate your help

Thanks,

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fab08 View Post

Hi,

thanks,

fab08