Losing faith?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello all,

I've noticed some posts on here about how some mac users are losing faith in their products. well, frankly, i'm losing faith in my compaq laptop and am considering swithcing over the a new apple laptop. i've only heard good things, but i dont want some guy at the store to try and just sell one to me.

i do a lot of audio/video editing and production and i was wondering how the newer laptops handle that sort of stuff.

any input is appreciated!

\\Max

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I don't won an MBP, but by all reports it is a very powerful, well performing laptop, with some very nice amenities, killer form factor, and despite what you may have heard, is competitively priced once you consider what you're getting.

It probably doesn't matter to you, since you looking at it from a PC perspective, but one thing we know for sure is that it blows the doors off the previous, G4 based models.

There were some problems with early shipping models (you've probably seen them discussed) but Apple is usually pretty good at fixing those things, once they become known issues, in subsequent productions runs (we'll leave aside for the moment why Apple is bastard for shipping the funky ones in the first place).

One very compelling thing about the MBP, for you, is that it gives you access to the "best of breed" Final Cut Studio package, which includes Final Cut, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro and Compressor.

At $1299 retail it ain't cheap, but you can get the academic version for $699 or take advantage of a $300 of bundle currently being offered.

Really nothing like it, bang for buck wise, in the PC world, plus it's ubiquitous enough to have become something of a standard.

Knowing how to cut on Final Cut is marketable skill.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    chipzchipz Posts: 100member
    You might also take a look at the new MacBook Pro 17" unit. It lists at $2799 and is better than the 15" even though it costs more. You can view the specs, etc. at the Apple web site: www.apple.com.