MacBook + 34" HDTV--will it work?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm champing at the bit to buy a MacBook, and I'm wondering...with the integrated video, will I be able to connect the MacBook to my 34" HDTV by attaching a DVI-->HDMI cable to the mini DVI-->DVI adapter? It's not quite enough to make me spend more on an MBP, but it's enough to make me at least think about it...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    In theory. absolutely.

However I've encountered some voodoo using HDMI/DVI adaptors with some displays and you cam only be sure by trying it out first; some how \
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I've been using an Athlon PC with my HDTV via DVI-->HDMI for a few months now with no problems whatsoever, so if it's up to the display I expect I won't have anything to worry about...cool!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Should be fine then.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    fatmac84fatmac84 Posts: 67member
    They say it only supports up to a 23" display.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    The computer doesn't care about the size, only the resolution. If it's 1900x1200 or less, you're golden.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jpenningtonjpennington Posts: 476member
    I have never encountered a situation where it wouldn't work.

You might have to take some trial and error time setting it up, but it will work. You need to adjust resolution and refresh rate to the setting specified by the TV.

If you need help while you are doing it or get stuck send me an email at [email protected] and I will try and help.

-Justin