bad Apple store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone else having problems with the U Village Apple store here in Seattle--generally indifferent service?

Yesterday my friend called for some ipod help--she was told to come to the store. (a one hour trip) She comes to the store and was told she needed to make an appointment--all the appointments for the day, however, were filled.

She goes home--an hour and a half because of traffic.

Why couldn't she be told on the phone she needed an appointment.

I really hate that Apple store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i'm not exactly fond of the buffalo apple store, the one time i went there, we asked if we could take a picture inside, and they said no. so we obliged, and went OUTSIDE the store and took a picture out there, at which point the manager came out into the mall and told us "i said, no pictures!" we offered to delete the photo from our camera, but he stormed off after threatening us with calling security, so i went back in and pulled up on google the PICTURES from that stores opening day that were still on the net and left them up.

just a dumb manager, really, and maybe just a one-off bad experience. a SMART manager uses it as a SALES OPPORTUNITY and would say "we don't really allow people to take pictures, BUT let me show you these digital cameras we have on display! look how easy it is to snap photos! let's adjust for the fluorescent lighting in iPhoto. do you have a .Mac account? let's upload them right now! look at how easy iWeb makes a homepage for you." If i were an average consumer, i'd walk out of there HAPPY, with possible a digital camera, iLife AND .Mac purchase under my arm. instead, i felt like a scolded stepchild.

maybe they hire too many geeks, and need a few retail pros in the stores to ensure a good experience? but the again, i HATE slimy sales people. tough balancing act, i suppose.