Nano scratching.. a new twist

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Here is an open letter fro the guy named in the class action suit. He claims he didn't file and that he was wrongly named by the law firms.

He also suggests that he has received hate mail from the Mac community.

http://jasontomczak.com/

Do you believe him?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    "Do you believe him?" No

Money is the root of all evil.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Link no longer works.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    The link does work, but it is really slow.

According to him:

- he posted scratch info on his site

- the law firm contacted him about the info

- he told him about his problems but...

- said they should seek more knowledgeable people

- the law firm then named him as the plaintiff in the suit without his permission

- his signature was requested after the papers werre filed (I guess he signed...?)

- he started recieving hate mail form the Mac Community

- the law firm sued him!

- they belittled him in court, then asked for court expenses

- he expects his life to be difficult for some time to come

- he is writing this letter to try to clear his name
  • Reply 4 of 8
    that is some sad shit!

poor guy, i feel sorry for him.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    If read about him on slashdot yesterday. If what he says is true, the lawyers need to be boiled alive and fed to the buzzards.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

If read about him on slashdot yesterday. If what he says is true, the lawyers need to be boiled alive and fed to the buzzards.

They`re lawyers. Why wait?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bergermeister

The link does work, but it is really slow.

According to him:

- his signature was requested after the papers werre filed (I guess he signed...?)

he stated "They snubbed the fact that David P. Meyer & Associates violated my request for privacy and non-involvement and the fact that neither David P. Meyer & Associates nor Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro ever received a single document or written communication from me agreeing to be any part of the iPod Nano Class Action law suit."

if he had signed, even if he'd done it after they had initially filed the lawsuit under his name without his permission, i would think the lawyers were snakes but still hold him responsible.

but this is just outrageous. i did not know a law firm could legally (or, at least, without consequence)do this.

i, too, feel badly for him.

i think it stands as a pretty good warning to those who perpetually bitch on these boards: if a lawyer contacts you, refuse to even speak to them.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    benjbenj Posts: 68member
    Oh come on- how bad could a Mac community hate-mail campaign really be?? It's hardly a life threatening situation- he'll be forgotten tomorrow. All he's done by releasing this letter, true or not, is further draw attention to his name.

He must be a bit pathetic if he can't leave his house coz a bunch of geeks don't like him. Come on can anyone see sense in this? If what he has said is true he should keep all his evidence to the courts- not published around the internet.

BENj