XP Trackpad Driver

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does anyone know who makes the trackpad in the MacBook? I know Apple gave up on Synaptics a while ago. I'd really like to get a driver for the trackpad to work under XP (when using BootCamp). I really use the "tap to click" ALOT. It drives me nuts having to constantly use the button. I know it's not a big deal... just seems there should be a standard XP driver out there for whoever makes this trackpad. I'd like for scrolling to work as well. I can live without the right click (although... setting something up for that would be great as well)... but for now... if anyone knows who actually makes the trackpad, I might be able to track down a driver.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Joey

Does anyone know who makes the trackpad in the MacBook? I know Apple gave up on Synaptics a while ago.

I think you're mistaken. Apple stopped using Synaptics's design, but that doesn't mean Synaptics isn't still involved in the manufacturing.

Quote:

I can live without the right click

I recommend Input Remapper.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    The 2 major touchpad makers are Alps and Synaptics.

I have yet to see a laptop from a major OEM with a touchpad made by another company.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Apple made their own iPod touchpad, but it really wasn't touch-sensitive in the classic sense, just a bunch of switches in a circle.